"I found this to be interesting," because pet owners do not usually compromise on products for their pets due to income, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said on CNBC's "Cramer's Mad Dash" segment.
Instead, it seems more likely to be an operational issue, rather than a consumer issue, he reasoned.
Turning to ConocoPhillips (COP), Citigroup reiterated its buy rating and upped its price target to $100, from $85.Libyan oil production may come offline due to the country's civil war, Cramer said, which will boost the price of crude oil. Investors should keep an eye on the situation there. Cramer is usually a big supporter of oil companies like EOG Resources (EOG) and Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD), which are "pumping like mad" in the U.S. Today Cramer was adding to his list of oil stocks. "ConocoPhillips is the strongest performer because it's linked with both natural gas and oil," he concluded. >>Read More: 5 Undervalued Companies for Enterprising Investors >>Read More: Don't Even Think About Selling Facebook >>Read More: Microsoft Is a Total Embarrassment -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV