Executive Decision: Matt Maloney
For his "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer sat down with Matt Maloney, CEO of GrubHub (GRUB), the online takeout service that came public six weeks ago. For its first quarter as a publicly traded company, GrubHub posted a five-cents-a-share earnings beat on a 50% jump in year-over-year revenue.
Maloney explained that GrubHub has a two-sided model. The company has over 30,000 restaurants in 700 cities on its platform and makes a commission on every order placed. He said that for restaurant owners and diners alike GrubHub is replacing the paper takeout menu.
While the company's corporate business is picking up steam, Maloney said the consumer market is far and away the biggest opportunity, which is why the company continues to focus on the dining and is constantly optimizing its app to meet customers needs.
Cramer said the GrubHub story remains compelling. Now that the stock has fallen from 28% off its first-day highs, it's worth doing some homework.
Executive Decision: Steve HazyIn his second "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer sat down with Steve Hazy, chairman and CEO of Air Lease Corporation (AL), the aircraft leasing company that posted a seven-cents-a-share earnings beat on a 28% rise in revenue when it last reported on May 8. Shares of Air Lease currently trade at 14 times earnings. Hazy said it's an exciting time for the airline business, a business that doubles in capacity every 15 years. He said with many planes lasting 25 to 30 years, there's a huge replacement cycle afoot and Air Lease is right in the sweet spot. Hazy explained that decades ago only about 10% of airlines' planes were leased, but today that number is closer to 50%. With new aircraft costing upwards of $150 million, many airlines are finding leasing to be an affordable and predictable model.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV