PARK RIDGE, N.J., May 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of an ongoing reinvention of the car rental experience, The Hertz Corporation recently completed technological and logistical renovations at its Newark International Airport facility as part of a larger global effort. Making the rental experience the fastest, easiest and most valued in the industry, the newly renovated Newark location breaks the norm, bringing to life the integrated rental experience Hertz views as the future of travel. Hertz plans to replicate the experience throughout the year at Hertz's top 50 U.S. airport locations, representing 70% of U.S. airport travelers. Most recently, Hertz completed renovations at its Frankfurt, Germany airport location and, to date, has renovated its San Diego and Shanghai airport locations, the Marble Arch location in central London, and Hertz's Melbourne, Australia headquarters.
"Hertz strives to achieve the highest level of satisfaction and efficiency, both at our locations and in our vehicles while traveling," commented Hertz Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Mark P. Frissora. "Our team is always listening to our customers and working to surpass their needs and expectations, offering a top notch fleet of cars with superior technology such as NeverLost ®, which is why we are continuing to expand across the globe. The feedback has been outstanding and we hope to build on that as part of our mission to offer the best rental experience."
Designed by Jackman, a creative management consulting and activation company focused on retail reinvention, the facility makeovers take into consideration the common road trip staples, tools and services typically desired by travelers, and offer the following to help enhance the travel experience:
- On-Site Retail: Forget something? Customers can visit the on-site "Road Trip by Hertz" retail stations to stock up on food and drinks, and purchase essential road trip and travel supplies—everything from maps and sunscreen to charging cords and beach bags. The updated facilities also carry luggage, clothing and accessories to make their experience a one-stop-shop for both families and the business traveler.
- On-Site Technology Tools: After a long flight, in addition to recharging themselves with a drink or snack, customers can also take a break recharge their electronic equipment. Additionally, they can interact independently with an iPad station set up to access the latest travel apps, entertain kids with games, and book a Hertz reservation, among other things.
- On-Site Business Tools: Customers can print on-site and access FedEx directly inside the store to send important documents and packages.
- Increased Visibility for Rental Options: A 'wall of cars' showcasing unique and exciting rentals – such as the Hertz Penske GT in the U.S. – that have been added to raise visibility of the company's expanding fleet options among customers, an further connect with car lovers.
The facility transformations also adhere to the company's commitment to global sustainable practices, utilizing the best in sustainable design and construction, including achieving LEED certification, recycling and using solar panels to generate power. Highlights of sustainable practices include the use of energy efficient lighting and equipment, incorporating recycled building material and finishes into the building's renovation, the recycling of automotive oils and tires, using zero-VOC paints, and installing water saving fixtures. Hertz's Living Journey sustainability practices have produced 2.5M kWh of solar energy annually. With more than 75% of the company's fleet getting 28+ MPGs the company offers a Green Traveler Collection that includes a variety of alternate fuel vehicles, including Electric Vehicles, Clean Diesels, Compressed Natural Gas vehicles and hybrids.There are currently five locations that have been updated around the globe, with plans to continue transformations of current Hertz locations throughout the year. For more information, visit Hertz.com or follow Hertz on Facebook or Twitter. About HertzHertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 145 countries in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and New Zealand. Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand, operating from approximately 10,090 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 145 countries. Our Dollar and Thrifty brands have approximately 1,400 corporate and franchise locations in approximately 75 countries. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 130 major airports in Europe. Hertz is an inaugural member of Travel + Leisure's World's Best Awards Hall of Fame and was recently named, for the thirteenth time, by the magazine's readers as the Best Car Rental Agency. Hertz was also voted the Best Overall Car Rental Company in Zagat's 2013/14 U.S. Car Rental Survey, earning top honors in 14 additional categories, and the Company swept the global awards for Best Rewards Program and Best Overall Benefits from FlyerTalk.com. Product and service initiatives such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, NeverLost®, and unique vehicles offered through the Company's Adrenaline, Prestige, Green Traveler, and Dream Car Collections, also set Hertz apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation and operates the Hertz 24/7TM hourly car rental business. The Company also owns a leading North American equipment rental business, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, which includes Hertz Entertainment Services. More information about the Company can be found at www.abouthertz.com. Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140519/88859 SOURCE The Hertz Corporation
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts