ANDOVER, Mass., May 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG AEX: PHIA) today announced its continued commitment to driving the adoption of innovative telehealth solutions across the continuum of care with the latest version of its eCareManager software platform, now designed for acute care. A foundational technology powering Philips Hospital to Home's suite of telehealth programs, eCareManager 4.0 is now available to hospitals and health systems looking to expand telehealth capabilities into medical and surgical units.
Acute care accounts for more than $370 billion, or 29 percent of annual healthcare costs 1 in the U.S. As telehealth programs incorporating Philips technology continue to reduce costs and improve patient outcomes in critical care and in the home, hospitals are increasingly realizing the value and impact of telehealth across medical and surgical units.
"While eCareManager is a critical piece of our offering, delivering higher standards of care requires more than technology alone," said Derek Smith, CEO of Philips Hospital to Home. "Working with our customers, the insights we're able to derive from our patient-centric approach to telehealth result in vast improvements in outcomes and cost savings for hospitals and health systems alike."
Early Success in Acute Care TelehealtheCareManager 4.0 provides proactive patient population management, advanced clinical decision support and care coordination tools which are critical to the Philips Hospital to Home eAcute program. Banner Health in Phoenix, Ariz. piloted an initial version of the Philips eCareManager platform in its medical and surgical units and uncovered care improvements. Compared to standard care and in partnership with the bedside team, the telehealth-based care delivery model in the medical/surgical unit:
- Reduced the length of stay by 17%
- Reduced the cost of care per case by 16%
- Reduced death or discharge to hospice care by 26%
- Reduced falls by 36%
- Increased vital sign monitoring for higher risk patients and sophisticated clinical decision support to identify instability and facilitate earlier interventions;
- Focus on improving compliance with high priority best practices: sepsis management, fall prevention, pain management, etc.; and
- Care transitions support to facilitate discharge.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts