Shares of Zynga were gaining 4.2% to $3.49 as of 12:55 p.m. Monday. The social game publisher's stock was down 33.9% over the past three months, however, and down 15.2% year-to-date. More than 18.1 million shares of the company had changed hands, compared to the average daily trading volume of about 33.66 million.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1580.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $4.13 million to -$61.18 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$24.25 million or 191.68% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- This stock has managed to decline in share value by 3.45% over the past twelve months. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, ZYNGA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ZYNGA INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.24%. Regardless of ZNGA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ZNGA's net profit margin of -36.41% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ZNGA Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV