Cramer says he likes CSX because it is very cheap and also notes Norfolk Southern is breaking out because of its increased shipments of natural gas, which has gone up in price.
"We rate CSX CORP (CSX) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income." Asked about First Solar's (FSLR) decline, Cramer points to Australia's recent reduction in subsidies for solar power. But he recommends buying the stock because it is selling at approximately 12 times earnings and has great technology and a great pricing model. Finally, Cramer says he does not like storage and security stocks, specifically Symantec (SYMC), which has poor fundamentals, and FireEye (FEYE), which is still overvalued based on some of the takeovers in that industry. Cramer says simply "storage is just not a great place to be right now." STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV