NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- NewLead Holdings (NEWL) stock is soaring Monday after the shipper announced its eco-type handysize vessel, Newlead Albion, had been delivered to the NewLead fleet. The vessel has capacity of 32,318 dwt.
The company said the Newlead Albion is expected to generate $2 million EBITDA per year, assuming $1.73 million yearly OPEX.
Albion, one of two eco-type vessels which NewLead agreed to acquire in March, was purchased for $18.5 million. At current prices, the market value of the vessel is around $20.25 million each. The second vessel is scheduled for delivery in July."We are pleased to announce the delivery of the Newlead Albion, the first vessel to be added to our fleet after our successful restructuring. To receive delivery, we secured financing through a leading shipping and financial institution, demonstrating third party belief in the transformation of NewLead," chairman and CEO Michael Zolotas said in a statement. Zolotas, added, "We are modernizing our fleet with fuel efficient vessels. The fleet age is being optimized, and employment lifetime is substantially longer. NewLead expects to have three new modern Handysize vessels added to its fleet by the end of August 2014." By midmorning, shares had added 66.8% to $1.05. Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV