PLEASANTVILLE, N.J., May 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Comcast is welcoming New Jersey customers as they return for another summer "down the shore." In order to create the best customer experience, whether at home or on the sand, the company has upgraded its network serving Shore areas; added staff and extended hours at customer service centers; launched new television, Internet and home automation services; and is offering more options for self-service.
Almost 500 miles of infrastructure servicing homes in Jersey Shore areas have been upgraded. This is in addition to the 144 miles that were replaced in 2013 following Hurricane Sandy. The investment in the network will provide reliable service and faster Internet connections, leading to increased customer satisfaction.
At Shore customer service centers, staff size has increased and even doubled in some cases at locations including Avalon, Long Beach Island, Manahawkin, Ocean City, Pleasantville, Toms River, and Wildwood. Throughout the summer season, all shore locations will be open Monday through Saturday and, for the first time, on Sunday and Monday of Memorial Day weekend.
In Ocean City, where Sandy devastated the Comcast facility, the company will improve the temporary location servicing the island which will enhance flow and efficiency. The Wildwood service center will have renovations completed by Memorial Day weekend, doubling its capacity to serve customers.In time for the summer season, New Jersey residents are also among the first in the country with access to the latest Comcast technology and services, including:
- Time to watch a movie or adjust the air conditioner – but you're on the go? Thousands of Xfinity WiFi hotspots are located throughout Jersey Shore locations alone, allowing customers to experience fast Internet service both inside and outside of the home at locations including boardwalks, parks, malls, shopping districts, parks and train platforms. Customers can download the Xfinity WiFi app to find hotspots throughout the region and country.
- Want to catch the ballgame or a recorded show while the rest of the family tunes in to their primetime favorites? The next-generation X1 DVR with Cloud Technology allows customers to live stream their entire channel lineup and DVR recordings on computers and mobile devices while in the home, and even download DVR recordings to watch wherever and whenever they want;
- Forgot to pay the bill before heading out on Friday? Comcast offers multiple ways for customers to help themselves, including the Xfinity My Account app that allows for remote bill payment, checking connection status, managing service appointments and troubleshooting technical issues;
- Ready to game or download a video from the kitchen? Xfinity Wireless Gateway offers the nation's fastest wireless speeds and coverage for devices throughout connected homes;
- Want to turn the lights on at the shore house before arriving or check on the dog-sitter back at home? Xfinity Home features 24/7 security monitoring and a suite of new home automation services including enhanced lighting and energy control, video monitoring, custom text and e-mail alerts and more on mobile devices;
- Interested in watching "Boardwalk Empire" from the boardwalk? Xfinity TV Go app allows customers to watch live television anywhere from more than 50 networks, watch TV shows and movies On Demand, and even download select titles for offline viewing;