New Jersey American Water announces a new program that provides rugged Toughbook computers to non-profit organizations, primarily volunteer firefighters and emergency responders in the company’s service areas. New Jersey American Water has a scheduled replacement program for some of its computer hardware including Toughbook computers.
“Though these computers no longer meet our company’s needs, they may still benefit firefighters and first responders in our communities,” said Peter A. Eschbach, director of Communications & External Affairs. “We’re launching our Toughbooks for Tough Volunteers (#Toughbooks4ToughVolunteers) to donate computers as tough as the community volunteers who will use them.”
The rugged, reliable computers are designed to withstand drops, spills and be used in the harsh environments that water utility employees frequently find themselves. “Hopefully the volunteers will make similar use of them in their environment,” said Eschbach.
Qualified volunteer emergency services organizations interested in being put on the company’s Toughbook wait list can find more information at http://bit.ly/1onJPHANew Jersey American Water, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Water (NYSE:AWK) is the investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.5 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs approximately 6,000 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 14 million people in more than 30 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV