Newman Ferrara LLP is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of DIRECTV (Nasdaq:DTV) concerning the proposed sale of DIRECTV to AT&T Inc. (“AT&T”).
On May 18, 2014, DIRECTV entered into an agreement and plan of merger to be acquired by AT&T pursuant to which, DIRECTV stockholders will receive $95.00 per share of DIRECTV stock owned, comprised of $28.50 in cash and AT&T common stock valued at approximately $66.50. However, according to Yahoo! Finance, at least one analyst has issued a price target for DIRECTV stock at $100.00 per share.
Newman Ferrara’s investigation concerns whether DIRECTV’s Board of Directors has breached its fiduciary duties to act in the best interests of DIRECTV’s stockholders. The investigation focuses on the potential unfairness of the consideration being provided to DIRECTV’s stockholders and the process by which DIRECTV’s Board of Directors considered and approved the proposed deal.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV