HANOVER, Germany, May 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today at CeMAT 2014, the world's leading exhibition for intralogistics, Dana Holding Corporation (NYSE: DAN) unveiled a four-tier technology strategy offering powershift transmissions customized to meet regional requirements and preferences for forklift trucks and other material-handling vehicles.
Dana will offer a wide range of capabilities across the four tiers by building on a common transmission platform suitable for all markets. This strategy allows machine designers to configure a series of vehicles in the same power range with a wide selection of features that require minimal alterations to the packaging envelope.
The tiers include a full range of options from basic transmission configurations for emerging markets supplying proven performance and long-term durability, up to high-feature transmissions for developed markets incorporating cutting-edge technologies for maximizing fuel efficiency and productivity. Dana has thoroughly tested these features to determine the efficiency gains of these options and help OEMs quantify the total cost of ownership benefits for equipment buyers.
"Material-handling equipment plays a key role in renewed development and economic prosperity around the globe, but there are vast differences in preferences from region to region," said Aziz Aghili, president of Dana Off-Highway Driveline Technologies. "Dana offers an unmatched selection of transmission capabilities through a full line of field-tested technologies and market-leading innovations that can be finely tuned to the unique demands of each region."Spicer T30 and TE30 powershift transmissions for reach stackers and heavy-duty forklift trucks with engines ranging from 225 to 300 kW (300 to 400 hp) demonstrate the versatility of Dana's four-tier platform. Available features will include:
- reduced internal rotational spinning speeds;
- optimized clutch capacity;
- intelligent lubrication and cooling;
- a high-efficiency, cast-aluminum torque converter that optimizes oil flow more efficiently than stamped steel designs;
- high contact-ratio helical gears for reducing noise;
- upgraded software and enhanced hardware capacity, flexibility, and expandability that enable advanced control capabilities such as precise inching, eco-drive, power drive, and next-generation overlap control;
- converter freewheel and lock-up clutches that optimize efficiency in high-power conditions; and
- streamlined integration with a broad spectrum of advanced parallel hybrid technologies that recuperate energy through electric, kinetic, or hydraulic systems.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV