SanDisk (SNDK) has trounced the broad market in 2014 -- there's just no other way to way it. Since the beginning of January, shares of the $20 billion computer storage stock have climbed 29%. And that momentum isn't showing any signs of waning in May.
SanDisk is one of the tech sector's biggest suppliers of NAND flash memory, a business that gives the firm exposure to a hot market that's been supply-constrained for the last several years. SNDK's memory is used in all sorts of electronic devices today, and quick replacement cycles in mobile devices and rising demand from enterprise users are helping to propel demand (and margins) for the firm. Better still, a robust patent portfolio means that the firm benefits from the overall growth of the NAND flash memory market, regardless of who's manufacturing the memory.Despite its huge run this year, SNDK isn't looking particularly expensive at current levels. The firm currently sports more than $4.2 billion in net cash and investments on its balance sheet, enough dry powder to pay for more than 20% of the firm's current market capitalization today. That's a lot of risk reduction for a name that's been rallying hard for quite a while now. With rising analyst sentiment in shares this week, we're betting on shares of this Rocket Stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV