First up is Apple (AAPL), a name that's been serving up some market-beating performance in the last few months. In the trailing six months, shares of the technology giant are up more than 15%. And there's good reason for investors to expect more of the same for the next six months.
Apple owns some of the most popular consumer electronic devices on the market today. The firm's physical offerings range from its iPhone and iPad to the Macintosh line of computers. But Apple is also one of the largest sellers of digital content through its iTunes store, a venture that makes Apple the biggest music and video store on the planet. Despite hugely competitive markets for smartphones and tablets, AAPL claims the leading market share of the industry's profits, a fact that gives the firm a deep moat.Those huge profits have added up to an equally deep war chest for Apple over the last several years. Today, the firm boasts approximately $134 billion in net cash and investments, a cushion that covers approximately 25% of the firm's current market capitalization. Ex-cash, Apple's P/E ratio currently stands at just 10.5, a paltry valuation for the most profitable firm in the business. This Rocket Stock has more room to run in 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV