NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Carmax (KMX - Get Report) now seen reaching $43, according to Wedbush. The firm said the price target cut was due to lower unit comp trends. A "neutral" rating has been allocated.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates CARMAX INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CARMAX INC (KMX) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 57.01% to -$120.02 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CARMAX INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -4.54%.
- CARMAX INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CARMAX INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.17 versus $1.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.45 versus $2.17).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CARMAX INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: KMX Ratings Report