MELVILLE, N.Y., May 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Henry Schein, Inc. (NASDAQ: HSIC), the world's largest provider of health care products and services to office-based dental, animal health and medical practitioners, announced today that Stanley M. Bergman, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Henry Schein, delivered a lecture, entitled "Doing Well by Doing Good: Henry Schein's Model of Success and Social Responsibility," at the Hofstra University Club as part of Hofstra's Distinguished Lecture Series. In attendance at Mr. Bergman's May 15 lecture were students from the Frank A. Zarb School of Business at Hofstra University, Long Island business executives, and local government officials.
Mr. Bergman emphasized Henry Schein's focus on creating sustainable, long-term economic and social value as part of its commitment to serving the needs of all of the Company's key constituencies: supplier partners, customers, Team Schein Members, investors, and society. Mr. Bergman explained how the Company's model of corporate success is based on building deep, trust-based relationships in the service of society as well as economic success. Mr. Bergman also highlighted the work of Henry Schein Cares, the Company's global corporate social responsibility program, to expand access to care for underserved populations around the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV