NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Good morning traders!
1. First, let's look at the software company that created AutoCAD -- Autodesk. Autodesk traded big on Friday, closing up 8.05% to $51.67 per share.
- Friday's range: $49.61 - $52.07
- 52-week range: $33.01 - $58.68
- Friday's volume: 7,642,790
- 3-month average volume: 3,071,810
Autodesk is up 55% from the 52-week low, and the company had a big day on Friday, following a stellar earnings report on Thursday. On Friday there was above average volume, and price action gapped up due to after-market trading on Thursday and Friday premarket trading.Before earnings, Autodesk was trading flat for the past month or so, after a slight downtrend. The month-long consolidation period was broken on Friday by the big gap up. Today we will likely see some profit-taking and a little consolidation for the next few days. I'd set a stop just below Friday's low of $49.61, or as low as the 50-day simple moving average at $48.76. There is overhead resistance at roughly $52.55, $53.54, $54.72, and then again at the 52-week high of $58.68. The most compelling resistance is at the $53.54 level, so watch for a little consolidation there, and even a little pullback. Watch for continued strength and interest today to confirm the positive sentiment. For now, target the 52-week high, which is almost 12% from Friday's close. Stay long until you see a confirmed sell signal and a close below the t-line. >>Read More: Why Apple and Google Ended Their Thermonuclear Rift
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts