NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR), the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, today announced the launch of NCR Silver Pro Restaurant Edition (Silver Pro), a new point-of-sale (POS) solution for North American small- and medium-sized restaurants. Silver Pro uses the NCR Silver TM Small Business Platform with built-in customer engagement tools, simple analytics and online reports, and turns any iPad ® and iPad Mini ® running the latest iOS ® into a powerful POS.
“NCR has a history of creating solutions for independent and multi-unit restaurant operators. To meet the needs of a growing segment of the small business market, that is underserved by technology today, we combined our vast experience in delivering the industry-leading Aloha POS with the NCR Silver Small Business Platform to create Silver Pro,” said Paul Langenbahn, president, NCR Hospitality. “With the addition of NCR Silver Pro to our restaurant solution portfolio, we are now able to meet the technology needs for restaurants of any size, shape or concept.”
According to National Restaurant Association research, operators across segments plan to allocate a larger proportion of their budget and other resources to technology in 2014. The fast casual restaurant segment is leading the way with nearly half of operators saying they will increase their tech budgets in the coming year for both front- and back-of-the-house.
Silver Pro packs in key functionality making it easier to manage workflow, including:
- Advanced Modifiers - gives servers complete control to customize orders so kitchen staff prepares the right order every time keeping customers happy.
- Multi-printer Kitchen Routing - makes it easy for service staff to route orders directly to the kitchen, bar or any other station.
- Table Assignments - simplifies workflow to save time and improve customer service with floor plans that are easy to update.
- Delivery and Takeout - lets quick service and fast casual businesses separate orders for dine-in and dine-out, making it easy to serve up a great customer experience, while improving kitchen operations.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts