$1,500 Buys a Kim Kardashian Vampire Facial
SAN DIEGO (TheStreet) -- Kim Kardashian has had it done, and so has supermodel Bar Refaeli.
In fact, by many accounts, it's become Hollywood's hottest beauty trend -- even if the name of this oh-so-glamorous and pricey treatment is, well ... not exactly enticing.
Known as the Vampire Facial (or Vampire Facelift, depending on which treatment you choose), this approach to endless youth involves harvesting a patient's own blood and using it to rejuvenate the skin.
Feeling a little queasy? No need. The name and the description are more off-putting then the actual procedures."People who have fine lines, I see an improvement in those lines. People with brown and red spots get a peaches and creme complexion," says Dr. Mark Berkowitz, owner of Accents Cosmetic Surgery in Detroit. "Women tell me that their boyfriends or spouses run their fingers over their skin and tell them their skin is so much smoother." Berkowitz is among a growing number of plastic surgeons in the United States certified to offer the Vampire procedures, which were trademarked by Alabama doctor Charles Runels. An official Vampire Facelift website listing surgeons trained to perform the procedures went live within the past week, Berkowitz says. To amp up the Vampire buzz, gift certificates for the Vampire facial and facelift were included in this year's Academy Awards swag bag for celebs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV