The CRM market is expected to grow to $24 billion this year and by another 50% in three years. Management, which has raised guidance twice in the past two quarters, shouldn't have a hard time delivering the goods. As is often the case with momentum growth stories, guidance will be the key driver of the stock here.
If management can suggest long-term outperformance, the stock should do well. But this is not a make-or-break quarter by any stretch. There's no denying that Salesforce is an excellent growth story right now. But as with most momentum stocks, it's a two-way street. This means, without warning, the stock could go in either direction.
From my vantage point, with shares trading at around $51, I expect the stock to reach $65 in the next 12 to 18 months on the basis of long-term free cash flow growth and the continued market share gains in CRM.
>>Read More: AT&T's Bid Flunks Verizon Dividend Test>>Read More: Google Is Close to a Deal for Twitch >>Read More: Best of Kass: Deadhead Tips; 10-Year Yields At the time of publication, the author held no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Richard_WSPB
This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV