3 Stocks Pushing The Industrial Goods Sector Lower
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.89 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, RGSE maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.97, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for REAL GOODS SOLAR INC is rather low; currently it is at 19.89%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -8.37% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$7.74 million or 271.30% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, REAL GOODS SOLAR INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- This stock has increased by 54.04% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in RGSE do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts