NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Warren Buffett is among the major Wall Street players whose first-quarter holdings were revealed in the recently-released 13F regulatory filings.
The 13F regulatory filings from some of Wall Street's major players were released on Thursday and traders are taking notice.Warren Buffett bought an 11 million-share stake in Verizon Wireless (VZ) valued at $524 million -- joined by Third Point Capital's Dan Loeb, who also disclosed he owned 3.5 million shares worth about $166 million at the end of the first quarter. Hedge fund manager David Tepper sold his Verizon stake, however. Big managers cut their stakes in General Motors (GM) as the automaker recalled a record number of vehicles. The Oracle of Omaha reduced his position in GM by 10 million shares, while David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital unloaded all of its 17 million shares in the automaker. Einhorn decreased his ownership in Apple (AAPL) by 13%, but held onto 2.1 million shares, while stepping up his investment in solar energy company SunEdison (SUNE) by more than 800% or 10.5 million shares. He now holds more than a 4% of the company's shares. Einhorn also bought into Nokia (NOK), however, with a 3.5 million-share position prior to the closing of the company's sale of its phone unit to Microsoft (MSFT). Dan Loeb maintained a 4.5 million-share position in Nokia in the first quarter. The filings pertain to the investors' holdings as of the end of the first quarter. They don't reveal what the managers have done since the end of March. In New York, I'm Brittany Umar for TheStreet. -- Written by Brittany Umar in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV