ANDOVER, Mass., May 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG AEX: PHIA) today announced its participation in the American Telemedicine Association's 2014 Conference (ATA 14) to be held May 18-20 in Baltimore, Md. At this year's event, Philips experts and healthcare professionals and administrators will highlight best practices for telehealth to increase efficiencies, add value, improve care and achieve higher standards across the entire care continuum from the hospital into the home.
"The use of telehealth will increase as health systems continue to explore more efficient, cost-effective and collaborative ways of treating patients both in and out of the hospital," said Derek Smith, chief executive officer, Hospital to Home, Philips Healthcare. "Our focus at this year's ATA is to highlight a new kind of leadership, delivering a programmatic, insight-driven and patient-centric approach to telehealth, as well as the supporting technologies that enable clinical transformation across all care settings."
The Philips Hospital to Home booth (#4610) will also spotlight its full suite of telehealth programs, including acute, critical and ambulatory care programs.
Conference Agenda Features Hospital to Home Healthcare professionals and hospital administrators lead discussions on maximizing telehealth investments and achieving results at several sessions, including:
- Improving the Effectiveness of Telemedicine Programs
- Dr. Jorn op den Buijs, research scientist at Royal Philips
- Monday, May 19, 1:15-2:15 PM, Session 20
- Tele-ICU Collaboration with the Bedside Team Improves Outcomes of ICU Patients in the Management of Pain, Agitation and Delirium
- Megan Farraj, medical intensive care specialist at Christiana Care Health Services, and Marc T. Zubrow, MD, vice president of telemedicine and medical director of eCare at University of Maryland Medical System
- Monday, May 19, 3:00-4:00 PM, Session 22
- Industry Council Executive Session
- Manu Varma, vice president of strategy and business development at Philips Hospital to Home
- Monday, May 19, 3:00-4:00 PM, Room 307/308
- Best Practices: Homecare Studies and Outcomes
- Mary Hagen, e-Home Care supervisor at Henry Ford Home Health Care
- Tuesday, May 20, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM, Session 40
- Consumers, Providers, and Government Collaborations
- Monte Coffman, executive director at Windsor Place
- Tuesday, May 20, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM, Session 48
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts