BETHESDA, Md., May 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- American Capital, Ltd. (Nasdaq: ACAS) ("American Capital" or "the Company") announced today the formation of the Lower Middle Market Buyout group, led by Sean Eagle, Eugene Krichevsky, David Steinglass and Justin DuFour, who have more than a decade of experience working together at American Capital and more than 50 years of collective experience managing and investing in lower middle market buyouts. The Lower Middle Market group has an initial staff of 10 investment professionals (the "Team") and is located in the Company's Bethesda, MD office.
On May 6, 2014, American Capital announced the launch of American Capital Equity III, LP ("ACE III"), a new $1.1 billion private equity fund being managed by the Lower Middle Market Buyout group. Upon closing, ACE III will purchase seven middle market companies from American Capital, with an option to purchase the equity interest of one of the companies at a future date. The current American Capital Investment Teams responsible for these companies will work together with the Lower Middle Market group to manage these investments.
The Lower Middle Market group will also manage $445 million of committed capital, which will be used to pursue control equity investments in lower middle market companies primarily in the business and technology services, healthcare products and services and industrial growth end markets, with EBITDA of $5 to $25 million. For more information, please refer to the ACE III Press Release on May 6, 2014.
The Lower Middle Market Buyout group will operate within American Capital's asset management affiliate, American Capital Asset Management LLC, which is dedicated to creating, capitalizing and managing alternative investment funds across asset classes, including private equity, private finance, real estate and energy and infrastructure.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV