What To Buy: Top 3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: DRI, ROIC, MO
Retail Opportunity Investments (NASDAQ: ROIC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.10%. Retail Opportunity Investments Corp., a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the acquisition, ownership, and management of necessity-based community and neighborhood shopping centers in the eastern and western regions of the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 32.04. The average volume for Retail Opportunity Investments has been 681,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Retail Opportunity Investments has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 6.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Retail Opportunity Investments as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 47.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 36.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.29 million to $3.13 million.
- RETAIL OPPORTUNITY INVTS CP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RETAIL OPPORTUNITY INVTS CP increased its bottom line by earning $0.47 versus $0.15 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 27.6% in earnings ($0.34 versus $0.47).
- In its most recent trading session, ROIC has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, RETAIL OPPORTUNITY INVTS CP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Retail Opportunity Investments Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts