In addition to such innovations as tagless shirts, Cramer said Hanes is pushing hard into the red-hot athletic apparel market with its Champion brand. Given that future acquisitions are possible, Cramer said Hanes deserves far more than the 16 times earnings multiple the stock currently fetches.
In the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on GW Pharmaceuticals (GWPH), Pioneer Natural Resources (PXD), Aetna (AET), Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen (PLKI), Greenbrier Companies (GBX) and Trinity Industries (TRN).
No Huddle Offense
In his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer posited that the economy really isn't as horrible as many are making it out to be, and there are bright spots in even the weak earnings from Staples, Dick's Sporting Goods, TJX Stores (TJX) and Urban Outfitters (URBN).
Cramer said that while Dick's disappointed, it did call out footwear and apparel as positive. Meanwhile, Urban saw disappointing sales at its flagship stores but saw sizable gains in its other brands. Staples was weak but that weakness didn't carry over to rival Office Depot (ODP). Finally, there's TJX, which Cramer said was a true disappointment. But then again, when J.C. Penney (JCP) posts 6% gains in same-store sales, those sales have to come from somewhere.But all those earnings mask the important news, Cramer concluded: robust sales at Home Depot, a company that truly has its finger on the pulse of the American homeowner. If Home Depot is doing well, then so, too, is the American economy. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter with all of his latest articles and videos please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV