Today Dillards (DDS) Hits New Lifetime High
- DDS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $57.8 million.
- DDS has traded 3,634 shares today.
- DDS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DDS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DDS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DDS: Dillard's, Inc. operates as a fashion apparel, cosmetics, and home furnishing retailer in the United States. The company's stores offer a selection of merchandise, including fashion apparel for women, men, and children; accessories; cosmetics; home furnishings; and other consumer goods. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.2%. DDS has a PE ratio of 14.1. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Dillards a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Dillards has been 634,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Dillards has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.28 and a short float of 9.6% with 4.36 days to cover. Shares are up 1.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Dillards as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $328.76 million or 8.56% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.65%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- DILLARDS INC's earnings per share declined by 19.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DILLARDS INC increased its bottom line by earning $7.13 versus $6.89 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.80 versus $7.13).
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.41, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.34 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- You can view the full Dillards Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts