Update (9:55 a.m.): Updated with Friday market open information.
The stock was flat at 9:54 a.m. on Friday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- BXP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 18.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $48.00 million to $56.62 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BOSTON PROPERTIES INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- BOSTON PROPERTIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BOSTON PROPERTIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.02 versus $1.65 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 57.5% in earnings ($1.71 versus $4.02).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BXP Ratings Report