Story updated at 10 a.m. to reflect market activity.
Advance Auto Part fell -1.6% to $122.29 in morning trading.
The firm also raised its EPS estimates for the company. According to UBS analyst Michael Lasser Advance Auto Parts' synergies are starting to flow through in the second half of the year."As we see it, the most notable takeaway from AAP's 1Q'14 is that it provided a look at the potential that the co. can start to produce as it gets into the heart of its integration," Lasser wrote. "Its 2.4% comp was 100 bps ahead of our forecast and was driven by an increase in the co's DIFM and DIY segments. It's true that the weather played a role in the increase as categories like batteries and wipers were strong. But, the outcome was also driven by better execution and greater inventory availability." Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet Ratings team rates ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC (AAP) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, AAP's share price has jumped by 43.86%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AAP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC's earnings per share declined by 23.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.33 versus $5.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.50 versus $5.33).
- The gross profit margin for ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.20%. Regardless of AAP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.49% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AAP Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV