- Ms. Mary Jane Amora, hotel nurse, cares for more than 500 associates at the Doha Marriott Hotel in Doha, Qatar. Her extraordinary skills were crucial after a tragic bus accident killed two associates and injured 21 others.
- Ms. Nejat Beshir , front office supervisor, manages the front desk at the Residence Inn Alexandria Old Town/ Duke Street in Virginia. She is known for anticipatory service, such as delivering flowers to parents who were visiting their son's grave at Arlington National Cemetery.
- Ms. Marie Joseph , laundry supervisor at the JW Marriott Hotel Miami, leads a team of 11 associates during the day and steps in as a banquet server at night. With few hours to spare, she still makes time to give back to Haiti, her native country.
- Ms. Lupe Marin , senior manager of hotel operations at the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa in California, instituted "The Perfect Room" housekeeper certification program, which has since been replicated at other hotels. Her morning meetings often include salsa dancing to pump up the team.
- Mr. Frederic Morineau , executive chef at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, has cultivated a leadership philosophy that has propelled him to the top of his profession. He is credited with guiding more than 10 proteges to the executive chef level.
- Mrs. Que Nguyen, a housekeeper at the Nashville Airport Marriott in Tennessee, is often personally requested by guests to clean their rooms. She works holidays to allow her fellow associates time off and always remembers their birthdays.
- Mrs. Brunhilde Rollmann , market seamstress, oversees the care of uniforms for 200 associates, as well as guest clothing and linens within both the Renaissance Hamburg Hotel and the Hamburg Marriott Hotel in Germany. She's introduced several sustainability initiatives to help protect the environment and benefit the company's bottom-line.
- Mr. Gregory Scott , guest services engineer at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center in Maryland, ensures all hotel rooms are in perfect order. His story of overcoming addiction and homelessness continues to inspire his peers.
- Mr. Noel Sumitra , head concierge, is a rising star at the Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport. He once helped track and deliver missing luggage for a loyal Marriott guest who wasn't even staying at the hotel.
Marriott International Rolls Out Red Carpet For Top Associates
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts