3 Stocks Pushing The Computer Hardware Industry Lower
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Services & Supplies industry and the overall market, ACORN ENERGY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ACORN ENERGY INC is rather low; currently it is at 16.81%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -90.18% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- ACFN's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 72.65%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Services & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 2.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$5.38 million to -$5.25 million.
- ACORN ENERGY INC has improved earnings per share by 20.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ACORN ENERGY INC reported poor results of -$1.60 versus -$0.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.56 versus -$1.60).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.