Crave Latin Food? Pollo Campero Will Find You
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The U.S. is home to 53 million Latin Americans, accounting for nearly 17% of the country's population. A healthy chunk of them want to eat out.
So if you run a restaurant chain, how do you figure out how to find them, or anyone else with a yen for Latin American cuisines and flavors beyond Taco Bell?
If you are the Pollo Campero chain -- or any other business -- and want to expand further into the U.S., you use data to find out where those customers live.
Pollo Campero, best known for its chicken dishes and the savory blend of citrus and Latin seasoning, is collaborating with Fort Worth, Texas, data firm Buxton to generate detailed and segmented profiles of prospective customers. The customer profiles will guide the restaurant chain's menu offerings, in-house decor and overall brand concept.
Buxton has developed a predictive real estate model that is able to pinpoint the residential locations of Pollo Campero customers right down to the intersection of their local streets. The research insights that have emerged from this initiative will help put Pollo Campero's future franchise locations in the heart of crucial customer segments.
In the last six months alone Pollo Campero has launched five new locations using Buxton's data, according to the company.
The company has also accelerated the pace of retail development in communities in a number of states including Tennessee, Texas, Indianapolis and New Hampshire.
A few weeks into the collaboration, Pollo Campero got its own customized real estate model running on Buxton's Scout platform, which was launched last year. Scout is accessible from mobile, tablet and laptop devices and has found high concentrations of potential customers through a site-selection process that utilizes demographic, lifestyle and market data.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV