NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Kohl's (KSS - Get Report) stock tumbled on Thursday after the retailer reported earnings and revenue lower than analysts expected over its first quarter. At market close, shares were down 3.4% to $52.21.
The department chain earned 60 cents a share in its first quarter, 2 cents below estimates according to analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters.
Revenue of $4.07 billion fell 3.1% year over year and missed forecasts of $4.22 billion. Comparable-store sales dropped 3.4% compared to analysts' forecasts of 0.2% growth.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: KSS Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts