NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of T-Mobile US Inc. (TMUS) closed up 1.28% to $33.26 on heavy trading volume after it was reported that Democratic members of the FCC may be divided over how they view the possible Sprint Corp. (S) merger with T-Mobile, sources told the Wall Street Journal.
Sprint's parent, SoftBank Corp. (SFTBF), is promoting a consolidation in the U.S. wireless sector while it attempts to purchase T-Mobile.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV