NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Investors, dermatologists and retailers could soon find their jobs becoming much easier thanks to IBM's (IBM) Watson, as new developer partners make apps that could let them tap into Watson's super brain at any time, from any place right at their fingertips.
IBM Watson Group revealed on Friday three new developer partners who are building specialized "cognitive" apps in the cloud on the Watson developer platform for investors, retailers, dermatologists, and their customers.
The partners are Modulus, Reflexis Systems and Modernizing Medicine.
Modulus' SharpeMind is expected to leverage Watson technology to deliver real-time, on-demand analysis of massive quantities of unstructured data right to the mobile devices and desktop of investors. The data will be sourced from news feeds, governmental reports, and social media. Retail traders and fund managers will also be able to instantly access trading signals and consensus buy and sell recommendations via the app.
Modernizing Medicine is developing a Watson-powered app that's expected to help dermatologists offer optimal treatment options to patients with fast and accurate diagnosis. The schEMA app will contain a built-in database of medical content, utilizing Watson's natural language processing and hypothesis generation capabilities to simplify medical coding and speed-note taking. It'll be accessible through the cloud on the iPad and PC.
>>Read More: IBM Unveils 'Watson' Technology for Enterprise IBM: Why We're Spending $1B on Watson Supercomputing Why 2014 Will Be a Crucial Year in IBM's History IBM Is Unveiling Watson As a Personal Shopper
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV