NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Yacimientos Pete Fiscales SA, or YPF (YPF - Get Report) are down -2.79% to $29.59 after a federal appellate court in Argentina ordered a criminal investigation into the approval of a billion-dollar deal with Chevron Corp. (CVX - Get Report) to produce oil and gas by hydraulic fracturing in the world's third-largest shale deposit, the Associated Press reports.
Argentine President Cristina Fernandez is accused of abusing her power and harming the environment by issuing a decree last year that facilitated the deal, the AP said.
Chevron's shares are down -1.17% to $123.88.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 28.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $180.50 million to $231.87 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 28.26% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 128.81% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- YACIMIENTOS PETE FISCALES SA has improved earnings per share by 28.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, YACIMIENTOS PETE FISCALES SA reported lower earnings of $2.01 versus $2.03 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.97 versus $2.01).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $381.79 million or 54.96% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, YACIMIENTOS PETE FISCALES SA's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: YPF Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts