Synthetic reported a loss of $3.84 million, or 7 cents a share, which was in line with the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of a loss of 7 cents a share. The company did not report any revenue.
The company plans to start a 28-day bridging toxicology study in June for its SYN-004 oral enzyme for the prevention of C. difficile infections. It also expects to start Phase Ia and Ib clinical trials in the second half of 2014, with preliminary topline data expected by the end of the year. Synthetic further plans to begin a Phase II efficacy study in the first half of 2015.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. Synthetic also intends to begin a Phase I clinical trial during the first quarter of 2015 for its SYN-005 Monoclonal Antibody (mAb) Combination for pertussis, or whooping cough. Finally, the company plans a Phase II clinical trial of SYN-010 oral compound for Constipation-Predominant Irritable Bowel Syndrome (C-IBS) during the second half of 2014, with topline data expected during mid-2015. The stock was up 16.39% to $1.35 at 12:45 p.m. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV