NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Blackstone Group LP (BX) are down -3.24% to $28.65 after it was announced by Deutsche Bank (DB) that it has reached an agreement with Blackstone Real Estate Partners VII to sell Nevada Property 1 LLC, the owner of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, a leading resort and casino. for $1.73 billion in cash.
The German bank spent about $4 billion to build the Cosmo, first as its lender and then as its owner after the project's developer defaulted during the financial crisis. The sale represents one of the biggest losses on a single project that Las Vegas has ever seen, according to the Wall Street Journal.
It's unclear what Blackstone plans to do to turn around the Cosmo's fortunes, the Journal said.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- 43.46% is the gross profit margin for BLACKSTONE GROUP LP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 17.39% is above that of the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 51.72% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 28.55% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- BLACKSTONE GROUP LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BLACKSTONE GROUP LP increased its bottom line by earning $1.98 versus $0.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.10 versus $1.98).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 58.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $167.64 million to $265.62 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BX Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV