PARSIPPANY, N.J. and PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla., May 15, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- PGA TOUR and Avis Car Rental announced today that Masters champion Bubba Watson has been voted the April PGA TOUR Player of the Month presented by Avis. As the official rental car company of the PGA TOUR, Avis will make a $50,000 contribution to the Bubba Watson Foundation.
In a fan decision on PGATOUR.COM, Watson outpolled Matt Jones, Matt Kuchar and Seung-Yul Noh. The four were nominated by a panel of national media for their performances during the month of April.
During April, Watson earned his second Masters Tournament title with a three-shot victory over Jordan Spieth and Jonas Blixt. In doing so, he became just the 17 th player to win multiple Green Jackets. Watson began the final round tied for the lead with Spieth, and posted a three-under-par 69 to secure his sixth PGA TOUR win.This is the third time Watson has been named PGA TOUR Player of the Month since Avis teamed up with the PGA TOUR to enhance the "Player of the Month" award program in 2012. Watson was also named PGA TOUR Player of the Month in April 2012 and February 2014. "PGA TOUR fans have once again recognized Bubba Watson's drive and success on the golf course," said Jeannine Haas, chief marketing officer, North America, Avis Budget Group. "We congratulate him on being named the PGA TOUR Player of the Month for the third time and are happy to donate $50,000 to his foundation." The Bubba Watson Foundation was formed in April of 2014 by Watson and his wife Angie to enhance their ability to help those in need. The Foundation's mission is to enhance the every-day lives of people in need with a particular emphasis on helping and inspiring children, young adults and those associated with the U.S. military.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV