RUTLAND, Vt., May 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Comcast Business today announced that its full portfolio of Ethernet services are now available across 17 communities in Rutland County, Vt. This builds on the company's 2013 expansion of these services across Chittenden County and marks the next step in its focus on the state by bringing access to a fiber network that provides speeds up to 10 Gigabits-per second (Gbps). These Ethernet services are designed specifically for businesses, schools, hospitals and other companies requiring more bandwidth, looking to network multiple locations together, or planning to connect their offices to a third-party data center.
With approximately 70,000 residents, Rutland County is home to hundreds of diverse businesses, ranging from environmental services and healthcare systems to aircraft equipment suppliers and world-renowned ski resorts. In an effort to provide these growing businesses with an additional choice for Internet access and network connectivity, Comcast extended its fiber network across the 17 municipalities of Chittenden, Clarendon, Cuttingsville, Danby, Ira, Killington, Mendon, Middletown Springs, Mount Holly, Mount Tabor, North Clarendon, Pittsford, Proctor, Rutland, Shrewsbury, Tinmouth and Wallingford.
"Whether it's a manufacturer sending a detailed diagram of a new airplane part or a ski resort needing more WiFi capacity, bandwidth is increasingly becoming the language of all businesses," said Charlie Tzoumas, vice president for Comcast Business in the Western New England Region, which includes Vermont. "We've made significant investments to expand the availability of our services across the state, starting with our 2013 rollout of Ethernet across Chittenden County and now with this expansion in Rutland County, and we're excited to bring our Ethernet services to more of Vermont to help drive competition, innovation and value for our customers."
All of Comcast's Ethernet services are delivered over an advanced network that spans 140,000 miles across 39 states and the District of Columbia. Serving 20 of the top 25 U.S. markets, Comcast's network features a 100 Gbps backbone and expanded local footprint through Ethernet over HFC. Bandwidth is available up to 10 Gbps and can be scaled in increments and offered in three different classes of service, backed by strict service level agreements and monitored 24x7x365 from Comcast's dedicated Network Operations Centers. Comcast was the first service provider in the world to offer Metro Ethernet Forum CE 2.0 certified Ethernet services and was also the first service provider to achieve all three of the previous CE 1.0 certifications (MEF 9, 14 and 18).Comcast Business offers four Ethernet services, including:
- Ethernet Private Line – point-to-point connectivity between two customer sites for bandwidth-intensive applications.
- Ethernet Virtual Private Line – a point-to-multipoint connection that allows customers to tailor bandwidth, performance characteristics and cost to meet the needs of their applications.
- Ethernet Network Service – multipoint-to-multipoint connectivity to connect organizations with high-bandwidth requirements and multiple locations across Comcast's network.
- Ethernet Dedicated Internet – continuous, high-bandwidth connectivity between customers' LANs and the public Internet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV