NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Acxiom Corp (ACXM - Get Report) stock has been upgraded to "market perform" from "underperform," BMO Capital said Thursday. The firm said the revision was a valuation call based on a $25 price target.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
--------------------------------------Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates ACXIOM CORP as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate ACXIOM CORP (ACXM) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 16.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.47, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, ACXM has a quick ratio of 2.41, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- ACXIOM CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ACXIOM CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.75 versus $0.54 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.82 versus $0.75).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the IT Services industry and the overall market, ACXIOM CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ACXIOM CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 33.62%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 5.42% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ACXM Ratings Report