Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions (RBIS), a global leader in integrated identification solutions for the hospitality industry, will showcase the latest in automated food safety labeling technology with the release of its FreshMarx® 9417 Printer at booth #1445 at the NRA Show 2014 in Chicago. Avery Dennison’s automated food labeling solutions enable restaurateurs and food service providers to stay ahead of the competition.
Avery Dennison Introduces the FreshMarx 9417: The Next-Generation Food Safety Labeling Solution (Photo: Business Wire)
Avery Dennison revolutionized the automation of date code labeling technology in the food service industry with the 2010 introduction of the first FreshMarx automated printer, and to date has achieved nearly 8,000 installations globally. The enhanced 9417 offers capabilities that today’s contemporary food service operation requires, including wireless functionality, multi-lingual capabilities, and bar code and QR (Quick Response) code printing. Avery Dennison’s automated food labeling solutions can help increase consumer safety, improve margins, protect and elevate restaurant brands and accelerate the performance of kitchen labeling operations.
“We have used the Avery Dennison 9417 printer for eight months and have nothing but positive comments,” said Matthew Combs, executive chef of Malone’s Lansdowne restaurant, a multi-brand restaurant chain based in Lexington, Kentucky and one of the first restaurants to use the 9417 across multiple locations. “The 9417 has standardized our labels, which is a tremendous help to our multilingual staff. With the 9417, there is no guess work or confusion over misspelled words due to language differences.”
Worry-Free Food Safety Compliance for the Demanding Safety Standards of the Food Service Industry:
- Accurate, highly-detailed food item labeling including “prepared” and “use by” date/time shelf-life labels, ingredient or nutritional data and employee identification, are automated with pre-programmed shelf-life data.
- Helps to eliminate health code violations caused by illegible handwriting, reduce spoilage and food inventory costs.
- Facilitates protection of food quality data and ensures labeling consistency across multiple locations.
- Enables faster preparation of fresh food by reducing the need for employees to reference shelf life charts, manually calculate expiration time/dates, and handwritten information.
- Provides application-specific labeling solutions including dissolvable labels, labels that perform in extreme temperatures including freezers and under heat lamps, highly-durable labels and high-quality product labels that can help elevate brands.
- Multi-lingual operator screens and labels meet the demands of an increasingly global food service environment.
- Globally-certified wireless solution enables the “need-it-now, need-it-everywhere” reality of today’s restaurants.
- Compliance with many North American and European health regulations minimizes liability.
- Embedded marketing technology reinforces brand recognition and improves customer engagement by allowing the creation of labels printed with brand logos and QR codes. When scanned with a mobile device, these labels can drive customers to company websites, surveys and promotions, enabling valuable customer feedback and maximizing the benefits provided by product information labels.