Manchester United (NYSE:MANU) (the “Company” and the “Group”) – one of the most popular and successful sports teams in the world - today announced financial results for the 2014 fiscal third quarter and nine months ended 31 March 2014.
- Commercial revenues of £42.8 million
- Sponsorship revenue increased 43.5%.
- Two new sponsorship deals announced in the third quarter – Aperol (global) and EuroFood (regional - Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam).
- Broadcasting revenues increased 64.1% for the quarter and 35.7% for the year to date, due to the new FAPL domestic and international TV rights agreements, two additional Premier League home games and five more games were broadcast live during the quarter compared to the same period last year.
Ed Woodward, Executive Vice Chairman commented, “We once again generated record revenues and EBITDA as all of our businesses delivered impressive year over year growth. This puts us in a healthy financial position to continue to invest in the squad. Everyone at the Club is working hard to ensure the team is back challenging for the title and trophies next season.Outlook For fiscal 2014, Manchester United continues to expect:
- Revenue to be £420m to £430m.
- Adjusted EBITDA to be £128m to £133m.
|£ million (except adjusted earnings per share)|| Three months ended
| Nine months ended
|Profit for the period (i.e. net income)||11.0||3.6||205.6%||29.7||40.3||(26.3%)|
|Adjusted profit for the period (i.e. adjusted net income)*||13.0||4.1||217.1%||35.0||22.5||55.6%|
|Adjusted basic and diluted earnings per share (pence)*||7.93||2.52||214.7%||21.37||13.84||54.4%|
|Cash and cash equivalents||34.3||36.2||(5.2%)||34.3||36.2||(5.2%)|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV