AGAWAM, Mass., May 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Six Flags New England launched the tallest swing ride on the planet today, the New England SkyScreamer. The addition of this new record-breaking attraction solidifies Six Flags New England as the Thrill Capital of New England and promises to attract guests from around the world. To commemorate the official launch, the inaugural ride lifted members of the United States Air Force, accompanied by New England Patriot cheerleaders, hundreds of feet into the air and spun them round and round for the thrill of a lifetime.
The New England SkyScreamer is the tallest attraction to join the already thrilling line-up of rides at Six Flags New England and will become the park's newest icon. The ride towers over 400 feet in the air and stands twice as tall as any other ride in the park. Once the twenty-four thrill seekers board the ride, it quickly rises, taking guests 40 stories into the air while spinning round and round at speeds of up to 35 miles per hour. Riders will experience breathtaking views of the Connecticut River and New England skyline. At night, the New England SkyScreamer's bright lights will beckon guests from near and far.
"We take great pride in opening the ultimate, biggest and most innovative attractions for our guests," said John Winkler, Six Flags New England's Park President. "The addition of the New England SkyScreamer only enhances our commitment to delivering world-class thrills and attractions to Six Flags New England that we bring every year."
New England SkyScreamer will be amongst the park's top attractions including Batman the Dark Knight, Cyclone, Goliath, Mind Eraser and the award-winning Bizarro. The
New England SkyScreamer opens to season pass holders on
May 17 &
May 18. The attraction will be open to the general public on
May 23, 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV