SPDR Dow 30 ETF (DIA) ($166.11, up just 0.4% year-to-date) traded below its 200-day simple moving average when this ETF traded as low as $153.12 on Feb. 5. The ETF is also known as "Diamonds" set an all-time intraday high at $167.29 on Tuesday, well above the 200-day SMA at $158.51.
The weekly chart is positive but overbought with its five-week modified moving average at $163.99. Quarterly and semiannual value levels are $164.18 and $162.05, respectively, with a weekly pivot at $166.61, and semiannual and monthly risky levels at $167.82 and $173.86, respectively.
SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY) ($189.06, up 2.4% YTD) traded as low as $173.71 on Feb. 5, staying well above its 200-day SMA, and hit an all-time intraday high at $190.42 on Tuesday with its 200-day SMA at $178.57.
The weekly chart is positive with its five-week MMA at $186.68. Quarterly and semiannual value levels are $185.09 and $176.28, respectively, with a weekly pivot at $187.86 and a monthly risky level at $200.33.PowerShares QQQ Trust ETF (QQQ) ($87.83, up just 0.3% YTD) set a multiyear intraday high at $91.36 on March 7, and traded as low as $83.28 on April 15, staying above its 200-day SMA now at $83.80. The weekly chart is positive with its five-week MMA at $87.09. Semiannual and quarterly value levels are $84.59 and $83.64, respectively, with a monthly risky level at $96.63. iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF (TLT) ($112.96, up 10.9% YTD) began 2014 trading as low as $101.76 on Jan. 3, after setting a multiyear low on Dec. 31. The bond ETF tracked its 50-day SMA higher with that average now at $109.57. The 2014 intraday high is $113.23 set on Wednesday. The weekly chart is positive but overbought with its five-week MMA at $110.73 and the 200-week SMA at $110.09. A monthly value level is $109.25 with a weekly pivot at $112.23 and annual and quarterly risky levels at $114.99 and $115.64, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV