Interpublic Group Of Companies (IPG) is one of the world's leading organizations of advertising agencies and marketing services companies. The company has a $7.5 billion market cap and trades and average of 5 million shares per day.
Interpublic Group doesn't exhibit the most stable earnings pattern you can find, however, after allowing some slack for the economic downturn in 2009 and 2010, the revenue trend demonstrates the strength in the company's ability to perform.
Because the stock trades at twice the beta of the overall market, you want to be strategic with entries and exits. Buying on a down day and selling on an up day may feel counter-intuitive, but doing what's easy isn't usually profitable. In fact, based on the chart pattern, buying after three down days is the sweetspot unless the price action changes.Cash flow is highly seasonal, and the best method of comparison to previous periods is to analyze the company on a yearly basis. At the time of publication, Weinstein had no positions in securities mentioned. Follow @RobertWeinstein This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV