TORRANCE, Calif., May 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- DiversityInc named Toyota one of its Top 50 Companies for Diversity® in 2014, marking Toyota's eighth appearance on the list since 2006. Toyota is the only automaker in the Top 50, placing at no. 38 of 1,215 companies vying for inclusion. Toyota moved up 10 spots over 2013, reflecting strong corporate diversity and inclusion initiatives as well as promotion among its associates, business partners, dealers and customers.
"We are honored to once again be included as a Top 50 Company for Diversity by DiversityInc," said Jim Lentz, Chief Executive Officer, Toyota North America. "There is a simple truth behind our approach to diversity and inclusion: If we want to build great cars and trucks for the way our customers live, Toyota will strive to be a reflection of the America in which we live."
"Earning a spot on the DITop50 proves that management is paying close attention to the needs of their primary constituents—employees, customers and other key stakeholders," said DiversityInc founder and CEO, Luke Visconti.
The DiversityInc list recognizes businesses for their ongoing commitments to diversity in four primary areas: Talent Pipeline, Equitable Talent Development, CEO/Leadership Commitment and Supplier Diversity. Highlights of Toyota's recent corporate diversity and inclusion improvements include:
- The percentage of total employees participating in mentoring programs has nearly doubled since 2013
- A commitment, equaling more than 40 percent of all philanthropic endeavors, to supporting ethnic, LGBT, veterans and disability nonprofit groups
- A 99.99 percent diverse supplier retention rate
- More than $100 million in contracts with minority business enterprises generated since 2009 through the Toyota-hosted Opportunity Exchange for Minority Owned Businesses, which is in its 24th year
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV