3 Stocks Pushing The Real Estate Industry Lower
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 81.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$13.59 million to -$24.69 million.
- The share price of ROUSE PROPERTIES INC has not done very well: it is down 18.15% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, ROUSE PROPERTIES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ROUSE PROPERTIES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ROUSE PROPERTIES INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.92 versus -$1.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.07 versus -$0.92).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 279.25% to $16.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ROUSE PROPERTIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 8.68%.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.