Shares of Whole Foods are down close to 20% on the week, while WhiteWave's jumped 10% after releasing quarterly results. Shares of WhiteWave are back up near 52-week highs, at the same time that around a third of the population is lactose intolerant. There's another large part of the consumer market that has chosen to simply cut dairy out of their diets. Both are big positives for WhiteWave.
WhiteWave still has a large presence in both almond milk and soy milk. The company owns the soy and almond milk market, having over 25% of the market share for each. Now it's looking to capitalize on the increasing appetite for other natural and organic foods.
Eating healthy is proving to be a very powerful trend. WhiteWave Foods is proving to be the best pure play on this movement market.
There are some key growth areas for the company, the first being the expansion of its Horizon brand. It will soon launch Horizon brand kids' snacks. It has already launched Horizon macaroni and cheese.
This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV