RICHMOND, Va., May 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Dominion Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Dominion Resources, parent company of Dominion Virginia Power, will award $500,000 this year to a variety of organizations across Virginia in support of environmental stewardship initiatives. Applications requesting up to $25,000 will be accepted now through May 30.
"Dominion is privileged to partner with organizations across the Commonwealth again this year, supporting projects that make a real difference in restoring or preserving the health of our environment," said Pamela Faggert, chief environmental officer for Dominion. "These projects go a long way in ensuring that our children and grandchildren will also be able to enjoy the great outdoors."
Past projects funded by the Dominion Foundation have included KidWind Challenge, No Excuse Not to Recycle programs in state parks, Mechumps Creek Restoration project, and the George Washington National Forest Restoration project.
The Dominion Foundation will consider grant requests up to $25,000 that focus on specific, short-term projects that promise measurable results to improve the environment. The projects should support one or more of the following priorities:
- Protecting and preserving natural habitats and open spaces
- Monitoring water quality
- Preventing pollution
- Making nature accessible
- Educating the public about environmental stewardship
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV