NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- InterMune (ITMN) "had an amazing move" and is now stabilizing, according to TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio.
Speaking during CNBC's "Cramer's Stop Trading" segment, he said there is a "very good analyst" at R.W. Baird named Brian Skorney who is "writing very positive things."
He added that investors were initially very optimistic on the prospects of the company's pulmonary fibrosis treatment.
Phase III results are due out soon and Cramer suggested that "there is going to be fireworks" if the company has positive news about the drug to announce at the American Thoracic Society's annual meeting.
Although biotech stocks have been out of favor among investors, "I think InterMune is for real," Cramer concluded.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV